McConaghy MC59P power catamaran
The MC59P catamaran is designed for owners who appreciate:
• Large indoor-outdoor area of ââthe saloon, like on McConaghy sailing catamarans, with sliding side saloon windows to be part of the surrounding nature and watertight aft doors that can be closed in bad weather
• Fuel savings, thanks to the lightweight construction and optimized hull shape.
• A power catamaran that is small enough to fly unmanned if preferred, but large enough to accommodate the crew.
• Waterline length - 18.3m • Approx. Width - 8.5m
• Draft - 0.80 m
• Engines: 2 x Yanmar 4LV 230 - KMH50V including propellers Speed ââoptimized for 9-12 knots o Able to reach 28 knots with extra modifications (interceptor, trim tab, etc)
• Engines Option: 2 x Yanmar 8LV KMH52V 370hp Cruising speed 20 knots which is quite common for large cruising motoryachts
• Yanmar 6LV 400 to 440hp • Yanmar 4LV 150 to 250hp
• Tanks: o Pre-tested composite water and fuel tanks o Water: 800L o Fuel 1500L
• Hydraulic steering system
• Anchoring system in the central beam
• Fiberglass - protects against water and wind
• Carbon fiber - for primary strength and stiffness, lower than the sail versions • Epoxy resin.
• Corecell M foam in hulls and impact areas. Finishing of fairings and painted parts
• Large internal surfaces.
• Lightweight plywood furniture.
• Nidacore carpentry for pavilion supports etc.